What To Bring To College: Eleven Must-Haves
Ah yes college prepping is in the air. You’re making your list and checking it twice. While on your shopping adventures, don’t forget to snag these things for college.
2. For the Caffeine addict: 4-cup coffee-maker and traveler’s mug—Tired + cold weather = yearn for coffee. Save yourself a ton of money by making your own. Set it on auto and wake up to the smell of freshly brewed coffee!
3. Earplugs—In a perfect world, everyone would sleep at night and be awake during the day, but college is far from this. Just like we come is all shapes and sizes, we call have different routines of wake and sleep, and some don’t even have routines! Whether you’re trying to get some silent study or peaceful slumber, these will help.
4. Professional outfit—You never know what opportunities may come your way. Interviews, presentations, and banquets are all occasions where a nice outfit will help make a good impression.
5. Hand-held vacuum—Two words. Crumbs everywhere.
6. Sleep mask—Your roommate cramming for a test = light on all night
7. Clothes drying rack—Dryers in the dorms are lazy. They dry your clothes part way, and then assume you can handle the rest. Hold up your end of the deal by not stuffing your partially dried clothes in your drawers—mold is no one’s friend.
8. Nyquil– Use wisely my friend.
9. Comfort book or movie—For those days that you feel homesick.
10. Paper plates/bowls/plastic utensils (especially spoons)—I don’t know why, but spoons are always the first to go. Don’t get desperate to the point of reusing a dirty spoon; stash some disposable utensils for those busy, hectic days.
11. ID card holder—And no this does not include your jean pocket; you will lose it I guarantee! Save yourself some trouble and invest in this. IDs are used to access pretty much everything on campus, so you’ll need it often. Getting a holder that attaches to your keys is a plus. 99.9% of students find their card just after they’ve paid a nonrefundable fee to replace it.
Did I miss anything?